Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Belisi is Beautiful

Belisi is beautiful. And I'm not saying that just to suck up to the fashion folks at Belisi. I'm saying it to highlight the old adage that everything is beautiful in it's own way. The fashion photos that I have seen on Belisi's blogs and online store show a certain kind of sophisticated beauty. The accessories that Belisi features in his store are also beautiful.

But a rock is also beautiful. A lemon is beautiful. A rat is beautiful (I know not everyone will agree with that). I was once walking home from the beach and I heard a bustle in a nearby pomegranate tree. My daughters are avid bird watchers so I always do my best to identify whatever I happen to see so I can report back to them about it. As I leaned over the rock wall surrounding the farmers field and focused on the source of the noise, I saw that it was in fact a rat in the tree. It was eating the inside of a pomegranate fruit and leaving the empty rind on the tree. Like almost all humans, I am reflexively repulsed by rats, but in this instance the revulsion passed quite quickly and I began appreciating the scene in the same way that I do most other moments spent observing nature.

Belisi asks, "What's Beautiful to You?" The thing that is the most beautiful to me is the laughter of children.

Belisi draws from two sources for his styles, The Old World exquisite charm of Italy and the sharp chic cache of Palm Beach.

No comments: