Thursday, November 22, 2007

Paintball is Awesome

If you have ever participated in a game involving paintball guns I don't have to tell you how exciting it can be. I know a guy who operates a Christmas tree farm and he had the great idea to create an area for outdoor paintball games as another way to generate income. Actually, I think he just wanted to have the paintball lot for fun, but it is very popular with enthusiasts and also for people organizing company events.

I was looking at his website and I see that he supplies Tippmann guns to his guests. These guns are available through Ultimate Paintball. They have great package deals for people that are ready to get their own gear. Newer improved models have some advantages over older guns like the ones you will typically rent. The biggest advance is a feeding system that will feed faster when you are shooting faster. The other major brand are spyder paintball guns. You will find lots of 'discussions' online as to which is the better gun. These debates are best settled outside. From what I can see, Tippmann has an edge as far as being low maintenance. Spyders can apparently fire more rapidly, but are a bit more finicky when it comes to maintenance. I suspect that paintball is a bit like golf in that some guys look for equipment that will give them an edge while others concentrate more on technique.

No comments: