Friday, July 06, 2007

Buying and Selling Used Cars

I have been in the position a few times where I was undecided as to whether to buy a new or a used car. Used Cars are an immediate money savings, but they can be costly down the road if you buy unwisely. I am reasonable happy with my 1990 Skoda at the moment.

If you are in a situation where you haven't made up your mind whether or not to buy new or used, you need to do some market research and you don't want to physically walk into a dealership. It's only natural that a salesperson will try to influence your decision making to their advantage

BuyYourCar.co.uk is a website that believes advertising automobiles online is more than just a basic listing and picture.

Each Dealer that advertises their stock through BuyYourCar provides participating dealers with standard listings, individual listings and dedicated pages in the site.

There are also dedicated pages that list stock by make. Additionally every car also gets entered into the regional search thus enabling the user to search for cars within their local community or the vicinity.

The site also makes good use of Google Maps.

Natural listing for BuyYourCar are going through the roof in Google. The site is benefiting from great search engine placement. I think the domain name is a great advantage for them, but the focus of the site results in good natural results in Google and elsewhere.

I'm going to put on my user cap now and take the site for a test run. Just to make it hard, i am going to pretend that I am looking for a Morris Minor.

I found one quickly and easily. My coworker has a car exactly like this. My kids think it is really cool. The Traveller has real wood trim.

I just noticed a great feature when I went over to the new car page. BuyYouCar has a table of best discounts on new cars. I can't tell whether these are manually placed or automatic. This feature would be a great convenience for a car buyer who wants to come back to the site often in hopes of spotting a great deal. As we all no great deals don't last long.

No comments: