Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fan Fiction About Furniture

When I start to get bored while I am watching a video, I often start looking at the furniture and decor that is on the screen...

There's Britney doing a lame rip-off of a Cabaret dance...yawn...that is a really nice chair, I wonder who designed that chair.

There's Paris Hilton...what is that, a regular king size bed or a California king? That bedroom set looks familiar, I think I've been in that hotel before...

Here's Shakira singing underneath your clothes...what's that underneath her butt? a nice leather sofa.


I vaguely remember the MTV series The Newlyweds. I think I spent most of the time looking at the furniture. The living room furniture lasted a lot longer than the marriage.

Don't even get me started on Cribs. The bedroom furniture and living room furniture that celebrities use to fill their empty lives is just so lavish. I have seen some interesting parodies of Cribs on YouTube, they are easy to find because Viacom makes sure that all the clips of the real show are removed promptly. Here's a short screenplay for a fictional episode of Cribs:
Generic Minor Celebrity: Yo, welcome to my house. I'm going to take you on a 22 minute tour during which I will show you all the expensive things that I have placed at random in my expensive home.

Here is my foyer. Before I became exceedingly rich, I had never heard the word foyer. Wait, there was that one time, this doorman yelled at me "Hey you! You can't sleep here in this foyer!" After I became a superstar I went back and I bought that building. I fired the doorman and I had the building demolished...except for the foyer. I had it reassembled as an addition to this house. It's my master bedroom. Take that mean and nasty out of work doorman!!!

Anyway, come on up to the bedroom, I have a painting I want to show you...

No comments: