Wednesday, May 23, 2007

When Eye Surgery Goes Wrong

Laser eye surgery is becoming more and more popular as an elective surgery. A very small percentage of patients will suffer some kind of Lasik Complications. The fact is that a small percentage of millions of people equals, well lots of people. ComplicatedEyes.org is a site that is reaching out to those people.

I haven't had any elective surgeries in a while but I can tell you that the Internet is now my first source for medical information. I guess the last time I was frantically searching for information about a medical problem was when my daughter was badly stung by a jellyfish.

The ComplicatedEyes.org offers referral services in addition to information. The site was founded by a patient advocate by the name of Glenn Hagele.

1 comment:

alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.