Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How to Seduce a Celebrity

Ok, the title of this post is a bit misleading. I have no idea How to Seduce a Celebrity. This post is about a truly unique online reality program. The key ingredients are: one beautiful and charming celebrity, countless online suitors and unprecedented audience participation.

I am just going to go ahead and let Mirelly Taylor, known for such movies as Kiss Me Again and Serving Sara and television shows including 'Las Vegas', 'Punk’d', and 'Numb3rs', give you the gist of the show. Here she is on one of the many Free videos at GoFish.com:



Oops, that was also Andrew Firestone, he is an important part of the show as well. You may recognize him from 'The Bachelor'.

I have known about this online contest for a date with a celebrity for about 24 hours and I have spent a couple of those hours checking out Mirelly online. I like her. She reminds me a little bit of Julia Louise Dreyfus and a little bit of Penelope Cruz. I am glad to see that she gets to make the final choice from the three video suitors who get the most user votes.

The shows producers have devised some video tasks that Mirelly presents to the competitors on the channel. Any GoFish.com user can then vote for their favorite uploaded response.


No comments: