Friday, June 29, 2007

Find Friends at Friendfinder

I haven't looked at FriendFinder for years and I was surprised at how active and functional the site was. There are so many personals sites out there these days. Besides being very well designed, FriendFinder has the great advantage of name recognition. Let's face it, having useful features and user friendliness are great, but when it comes to social sites, people go where the people are. Personally, I think MySpace is a wretchedly designed website, but it it huge simply because that is where the people went.

The search functions are incredible, even for a free member. Paid members get an even more detailed search page.

I have had online relationships. I have had the full spectrum of online relationships, for the ones where a woman asks what I do for a living as the second question (and then doesn't have a third question)....all the way to happily ever after.

What I like personally is the fact that as a free member you can have unlimited browsing of profile pictures. Call me superficial.

Meeting people using a service like FriendFinder is easy. Meeting people safely and meeting people with whom you can begin a positive relationship, that is your responsibility. I have advice for both men and women. Men should resist the urge to contact EVERY woman they possibly can. Spend time searching and when somebody really seems suitable put some thought into how you approach them. Woman should be prepared to immediately discard a big percentage of the responses they get. If a man doesn't make the effort to impress you with his response, he's is not worth your time.

No comments: