Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Police Still Rock !!!

Win a New York fly-away to see The Police live.

There is an incredible greatest hits police cd out now and the band are out on a huge arena tour to support it. After spending two decades as a seminal pop band, these guys parted ways to pursue their own endeavors. A couple of one-off shows in recent years sparked a renewed interest in working as a band and a summer long tour is the benefit that the fans are reaping. The Police were successful because they spoke to both the heart and the mind of listeners. They drew from influences around the World like reggae, punk and rock and created a unique sound that is still imitated by truckloads of bands today.

My favorite song has to be Synchronicity II. It is considered by many as the heaviest track ever made by this band and is definitely the heaviest thing on the new police cd. I think it has had a lasting hold on me because I sort of grew into it. When I first heard it as a kid it was catchy and moody, but I didn't identify with the stressed out modern family guy in the song.

I managed to hold it together much better than the guy in the song. I think the sea creature in my chorus is a manatee.


No comments: