Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pingo Saves You Money on International Calls

The close family ties that Shakira has inspired me to check the phone rates between her new digs in the Dominican Republic and her home town in Colombia. With the Pingo online phone card, you can call Dominican Republic from Colombia today for only 25.9¢ per minute.

I'm sure she doesn't worry about rates too much, but many people are living far away from their immediate and/or extended families as an economic necessity. Phone communications still seem to carry the most emotional portent despite all the other digital communications available these days. I'm sure there are millions of people like me who have parents who still don't have internet access. I'm happy because my mom has a nice neighbor to whom I can email pictures. I still phone her twice a week to keep in touch.

Pingo is a Global Calling Card. They have a reliable network. This is important. When I moved away in 2005, I tried a couple of cheap calling cards that were very unreliable. It was frustrating for me, and I felt awful about frustrating the people that I was calling. If I had needed to make business calls at the time, the service simply would not have been adequate.

If you refer a friend to Pingo, you can get $5 USD worth of calls for free. An instant calling card from Pingo just makes sense.

No comments: