Thursday, June 07, 2007

Natural Skin Care


I am pleased to be able to help spread the word about Whole Foods Market. This natural and organic foods supermarket now has a podcast series all about natural health alternatives.

This months podcast is on the topic of "Natural Skin Care". I was actually blogging about this subject on an environmental blog that I have started. I was researching on ways to reduce my plastic consumption and I found out that many commercial body scrubs contain tiny plastic beads as an exfoliant. These beads go down the drain and contribute to water pollution.

The focus of the podcasts is more on the benefits of all natural products on out skin. They urge people to read the ingredients on their purchases and to try and choose natural alternatives.

I noticed two ingredients in the podcast info that I have growing in my neighborhood. One is bergamot and the other is borage. Bergamot is the citrus fruit pictured above, it is used for Earle Grey Tea as well as treating acne prone skin.



No comments: