Thursday, April 26, 2007

1800nodrugs.com

What with the trouble lots of celebrities are having with addiction these days,
drug rehab is a pretty poular phrase on the internet. I am happy to do my part to help boost the profile of a site that doesn't just talk about it. 1800nodrugs.com talks to people who want help either for themselves or for someone they care about who is suffering a drug addiction.

I had an experience when I was a college RA that I don't ever want to relive. I was contacted by another RA and I drove to the hospital with her. A student was on suicide watch after she had been acting irratically. I won't add any more details out of respect for the person in question. She only sought help when the school gave her the two choices of detox or expulsion and returning to her parent's care and supervision. The sad truth is that she was luckier than some people who are smart and functional enough to hide their addictions for years.

No comments: