Saturday, April 21, 2007

Big Fish Eat The Little FIsh

Any casual observer who checks out this blog will notice that there are posts that I get paid to write. The company that facilitates this is PayPerPost. Today they are asking bloggers to help drive traffic to their site by making a post that discusses an upcoming announcement about an acquisition. The funny thing is, the are not telling us what company they are buying. I am curious as to just how wild and crazy the speculation will get.

The world of business is kind of like the ocean. Big fish eat the little fish. It stands to reason that whatever business PayPerPost is investing in is a smaller company. I am pretty certain that they are not acquiring Viacom. If they are, I would ask that Ted Murphy let people start putting SouthPark videos up on YouTube with impunity again.


PayPerPost is based in Florida. If business acquisition is kind of like dating and romance, I would say that proximity is probably a big part of attraction. Since I know absolutely nothing about business, I am just going to randomly guess that they are buying a dairy, because someone told them a story about free milk and a cow, but they were not listening very carefully. It looks like a very good dairy, I hope they are happy with it.

Edit: Now they want me to talk about online ads??? Maybe they bought adsense from Google. My fish measuring stick is getting SO out of whack.


No comments: