Thursday, April 19, 2007

BookmarkAll.com: New RSS Feature



I have a confession to make. I start WAY to many blog posts with the sentence "I have a confession to make."

Oh, and also I didn't know what RSS stood for until two minutes ago. Really Simple Syndication, that's what it stands for. I found that out while I was reading about how BookmarkAll.com works.

They have a feature that you can use to bookmark RSS feeds so you can check them out anywhere. You have the option of making your feedslist private or public. If you look at the footer of most of your favorite websites, chances are you will see either an RSS logo or an XML logo. That means that they have enabled the site and content is taken from the site and added to these feeds.

BookmarkAll is actually the first online bookmark manager that is providing this RSS bookmark service.

When you are on the site, you can check out new sites from all the other user’s public topics I could see myself following my interests from user to user and not googling stuff like I usually do. Here is something that I really like about the site...you can set it up so you have a bunch of different sections based on category and people don't have to search by user and look at all the crap you don't necessarily want to show them. You might notice a lack of bookmarking on this site right now. Expect that to change. I used to be big on Technorati, but for some reason they say this site does not exist. You are reading it right now. It exists, right?

No comments: