Monday, April 16, 2007

Cutting EdgeTechnology from 6th Grade, 1981

Now that all the kids that I went through 6th grade with have disposable income, there is a ready market for really cool Flippies Custom Flip Books.



I think these would make great free gifts at trade shows. I was at a trade show a few years ago and I was given three different gifts that I can remember. I got one of those little tool sets that are made out of soft metal. I donated it to the bin at airport security because I forgot that it was in my carry-on. I got one of those little mini-DVDs. It made a scary noise when I put it in a player. I got a half-size coffee cup from the Mexican Coffee Trading Board, or whatever it is called. the woman who gave it to me was cute. I think I left the cup with my previous employer. Oh and I was served ice cream by either Ben or Jerry. It would make a much better anecdote if I knew which one it was.

Anyway, I think these flip books are a great idea for promoting stuff. The trick is to have something simple enough to be affordable for mass marketing and yet nifty enough that people won't trash them. Go click on the picture to watch videos of several different flip books in action.

No comments: