Thursday, January 18, 2007

Shakira Talks About Her Chilhood Ambition

"I always felt a calling. Like there was some invisible hand behind me pushing me to write, dance, do things. When I was a child, I had the illusion of becoming a scientist, a writer, and a dancer. All three things combined! I remember doing my first poems at the age of four on everything that would surround me. I wrote one to my mom. It was called “The Rose of Crystal.” It was full of fantasy and daydreams. But I didn’t feel clearly that I wanted to be a musician. I started writing my first songs when I was 8 years old. I think my career as a songwriter started my career as a singer."

From everything that I have seen and heard from Shakira, I think she could have been a great scientist. Maybe pursuing a career in music was an analytical, scientific decision based on empirical data.

Source...

No comments: