Friday, March 02, 2007

Flowers In San Francisco

I think one of the first instances of me recognizing a continent wide delivery system was the result of the flower business. They say that necessity is the mother of invention. It's kind of strange to think that sending flowers to a friend or relative on the other side of the city or on the other side of the continent could be considered a necessity, but it must have been important for people to have been using electronic communications to get it done for many decades before there was a home computer or the internet. It is pretty unspectacular in this day and age that I can click on a link for San Francisco flower delivery and send somebody I know some flowers, probably by the end of today, if I wanted to. I want to apologize to the one person that I know in San Francisco, because I am not sending you flowers today, it was just an example.

Businesses like DigitalFlowers.com have more than just flowers. They can also deliver chocolates, teddies, balloons, gift baskets and more.

No comments: