Thursday, March 29, 2007

Mother's Day Is Coming Up

I have a very hard time remembering when Mother's Day happens. I know it is the spring, because we used to go pick Mayflowers for my mother. If we were being passive aggressive, we would imply that it was in honor of her coming over on the Mayflower. Sometimes jewelry is a better choice.

If you are looking for Unique Mother's Day Gifts for Moms amd Gift ideas, Collectibles Today is a great place to start. Most of what they have for sale is exclusive to their site. Thanks to the site, I won't forget that Mother's Day is May 13th, 2007.

They have music boxes, I love these things. I'm going to browse and see what songs they play, maybe you will see a song that has special meaning for you and your mum on my list.
"You Are So Beautiful"
"Always In My Heart."
"Ave Maria"
"All I Have to Do is Dream"
"You Light Up My Life"
"I'll be Home for Christmas"
"Immaculate Mary"
"Ode to Joy"
"Sing of Mary, Pure and Lowly"


I live next to a beautiful church that has musical bells. Sometimes the noon bells are playing "Ave Maria", actually, it is this time of year because of lent. I can't recall what the bells played during carnival week. I know it wasn't the UK remix of Eddie Murphy's "My Girl wants to Party All the Time." That was playing in the streets a lot.

My kids really like "Ode to Joy." It's probably the melody that holds up the best to repetition of all of them.

Some of the music boxes are in the form of intricate Faberge style eggs. Others are actual boxes. I didn't add this to my list but there is a crazy looking one that plays 15 different Christmas carols. That might not be a good Mother's Day gift.

Don't forget that jewelry is always a popular option for any occasion. At Collectibles Today, all of this stuff has sentiments enscribed on them.

No comments: