Monday, March 05, 2007

Stuff About Shakira

There is a grab bag of Shakira info in the trivia section of her Wikipedia entry. Since the section is supposed to go I will run through it for posterity.

* She speaks five languages.

I think I have heard her qualify this statement, maybe she is really only comfortable conversing in three languages.

* She does not eat bread.

This is news to me. Avoiding refined flour is one of several effective ways to prevent weight gain.

* She loves to eat chocolate.

Eating chocolate is not one of the effective ways to avoid weight gain.

* She does not drink alcohol or smoke.

I respect her decision. I do not know if it is purely a health decision or if she has some belief system that precludes alcohol.

* She was voted #7 on AskMen.com's for the Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2007.

Who are the six women on this planet that are more desirable? I need to know.

* Shakira means in Arabic: Woman Full Of Grace, and in Hindi: Goddess Of Light

That's nice.

* She is the youngest of eight siblings.

Did they all eat at the same dinner table? I had a hard enough time growing up with three siblings.

No comments: