Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Belisi: The Beginning


I'm going to start my post about Belisi - How it Started by getting right to the most important thing. Belisi has really good products, look at this tie.

I thought it was important to show what he's got before I get into how he got there. His story interested me quite a bit because his starting point and where he has arrived are very divergent. My life has been much the same way. I think it is crucial that we all keep ourselves open to inspiration and change.

Peter Belisi began his adult life as a bartender. If he had been on the West Coast, he may have been one of those bartenders who do not concede that that is what they are (do a survey, 99.999% of them are actors). On the Best Coast, Peter was mixing cocktails for the well-healed populace of Palm Beach. He had a young family and he was looking for opportunity. Step one was to dress the part, he invested in a collection of fashionable ties. Step two became apparent when his clientele started praising his style. He started selling ties.

Now Belisi is a line of accessories for men and women. His online presence reflects his ambition and his style. Old World Italian Style is combined with the tastes and attitude of Palm Beach to make the Belisi style. I like it.

No comments: