Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Verizon RAZRs for Free

The mobile phone market is competitive and changes rapidly. The battle for your business is fought on two fronts. The first one is the battle to provide the best service coverage and Verizon has been a Super Power on that front. The second front involves providing customers with phones that have the style and features that they want. This battle has gone back and forth quite a bit. Besides the features and technology, trendiness plays a role. RAZR's have recently become the must have phone. Now Verizon cell phones include a selection of great RAZR's like this one:



And right now you can get one free with a Verizon plan.

I just read that these phones have a tough shell made of aircraft grade aluminum. That reminds me of a cool mobile phone story. I was living on the East Coast back in the late 90's when there was a big event with huge wooden sailing ships from around the world. There was a galleon from some Latin country at the dock and one night there was a party going on with a live band and dancing. I wasn't invited, I think the criterion for coming aboard was some algorithm involving gender age and hemline. Anyway the deck was higher than the dock so the jealous tourist were facing the feet of the revelers.
I got to see some girl drop her phone and she and her dance partner were obliviously dancing on it for about 1/2 a minute before he noticed and picked it up. I don't know if the phone survived or not. I found the whole thing quite entertaining.



No comments: