Saturday, February 24, 2007

Shakira the Instrumentalist

If your only experience of Shakira is watching her most popular music videos and her awards show performances, you might not realize that she is a confident musician.

She plays guitar, harmonica and drums. I don't play drums very well myself, but I had this thing at the music room at a school where I used to volunteer. I would play an electric guitar and a harmonica while seated at the drum kit. I always tap my feet when I am playing anyway, so I thought it might be cool to just use the base drum and hi-hat pedals while I played the other two instruments.

Shakira most likely divides her concert set up in such a way that she can go back and forth between standing in one spot playing guitar and leaving the music to others while she dances and sings. I am going to try and source her live concert video for myself soon, it is highly recommended.

No comments: