Thursday, February 22, 2007

When Spying is the Right thing to do...

I have no problem talking about the subject of spy software. I have teenage children and we manage to work the possibility that they could conceivably have some on their PC's. If we did have spy software, which we might, we would be able to find out where the kids have been going online and who they may have been interacting with.

I could even see a scenario where the spyware would come in handy for monitoring the activities of employees. You know how in XP the start window has a column of icons for the programs that you open most often? I was sharing my computer with someone who was working for us and I was a bit perturbed to see minesweeper show up on that spot. I got over it. But it just goes to show that employees can easily get into a habit of doing their own thing on your time. I prefer to go with the trust thing at the moment, that might be partly because I am observing the people that I trust most of the time.

No comments: