Friday, February 23, 2007

Sweet Sweet Music to Chill to

I drive a 20 year old car and there is nothing wrong with the radio. There is, however something wrong with the antenna. It is one of those ones that is stuck to the windshield and half of it has come unglued.

I can't listen to tunes on the radio when I am driving. Thank goodness for internet radio. At least I can listen to whatever I want at home. I am not one of those people who get totally stuck on one genre of music. I will go on little binges. Last summer I ended up with my player on a Californian hard rock station. I don't follow the trends with that type of music, and it was all fresh to me. I loved it for about two days and them I was bored.

There are sounds that I will always come back to. R and B is one of those. Tempted by Squeeze is part of my life. It is the sound, not the lyrics, I swear it. Wally is a man who loves some great old music and he likes to play the good stuff weekday afternoons (3-6 EST). He takes requests by e-mail.

Willy also has a name game going on. You pay 99c to submit a colorful nickname for one of the famous people on the list and you can win a prize. The gears are grinding in my head trying to think of one for Rush Limbaugh...if only he had some kind of human frailty to highlight with a nickname.


No comments: