Thursday, February 08, 2007

Test Driving A Hotel Reservation Site




As an exercise in wishful thinking, I am going to use this real Hotel Reservations site to find hotel rooms for to stay in while I follow Shakira around for the rest of her current tour.

Night #1:
Date: 16/02/07
Venue: Bercy - Paris, France

Using HotelReservations.com I found a choice of 26 Hotels. I can sort them by Value, quality, price or just alphabetically. I'm going to go for the cheapest this time, LE BLANC-MESNIL for $47.90. By the way, you can choose which currency you want to use when you are searching.

Night #2:
Date: 18/02/07
Venue: Olympiahalle Munich - Munich, Germany

This time I am going to go for the best value. Shakira wasn't impressed with my cheap hotel room in Paris. K & K HOTEL AM HARRAS for $68.61. Many of these deals are only available online, you could expect to pay more as a walk in.

Night #3:
Date: 21/02/07
Venue: Hallenstadion Zurich - Zurich, Switzerland

Time to stay in the best hotel. I made a withdrawal from my imaginary Swiss bank account while I was on my imaginary road trip. The Zurich Marriott Hotel is pretty posh, maybe Shakira is going to be in the same hotel as me. Even with quality like this you can still stay for only $185.86. I'm going to have to economize by not going to the second show here.

Night #4:
Date: 27/02/07
Venue: Datch Forum - Milan, Italy

The Hotel Leonardo Da Vince is the cheapest nights stay that I could get in this town with HotelReservations.com it costs $90.88. Milan is the most expensive place to stay that I have seen so far. You know, it might be a good idea to use the site to compare how expensive cities are. If you are coming to Europe just to enjoy the old buildings and the culture and stuff, you might as well go to a place that is old and affordable. Shakira only seems to be going to places where people spend lots of money.

No comments: